Sunday, March 18, 2012

Beginnings (again)

2012 Kegs 'N Eggs 5K
I'm FAT. There I've said it. Not like I could hide it. Though I've always laughed it off. But, I've not like it for awhile. Last year I decided it was time to change that. So New Year's Eve we completed our first 5K in hopes of continuing and we didn't. I am really good at excuses and procrastination. I always have reason. So now I'm resorting to blogging and putting it all out there for everyone to see. My blog shall hold me accountable. Most of you know I am planning on doing the Music City 1/2 Marathon in April. I guarantee it won't be pretty, but I will cross the finish line! I'm not doing this alone. Leslee will be there with me and we will celebrate together! I weigh 372lbs!!! When you put a number to it and write it down it is disheartening. I've always had a goal in my mind of what it would be like to weigh 250. I don't know if that's realistic but I'm hoping to get close enough to find out. Goals. They can be hard or easy. It always seems the harder the goal the sweeter the satisfaction in achieving them. I am going to have some of both on my list. So here is a  short list of some of my goals:

1. Complete the 1/2 marathon
2. Run a complete 5k
3. Run a complete 10k
4. Run a complete 1/2 marathon

Those are goals that I never thought I would have for myself. Frankly, when I read them I laugh at the absurdity of me doing them. But those goals are all steps in the process of my main goal: To weigh less and be healthier. So, follow along as I succeed and fail. Failure helps build strength just as success motivates you to keep going on the journey!

3 comments:

  1. excellent! looking forward to following you as you move through these goals. In Lao, we say, "Suu suu" It means like "Fight, Fight" or "Keep on keeping on!" Suu suu, cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You can do it. I know you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brave, and amazing thing you are doing. Holding yourself publicly accountable is a hard thing to do for ANY goal. So proud of you, and will be cheering you along the way!

    ReplyDelete